- Climate versus weather
- Greenhouse effect
- What can we do?
- Explain the Greenhouse Effect;
- Identify the principal greenhouse gases;
- Construct 3D molecular models.
This instruction meets Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Disciplinary Core Ideas (DCI): Earth and Space Sciences (ESS), Physical Sciences (PS), and Life Sciences (LS).
Grades 1-3 – Beginning
- Kindergarten – ESS2-1 Earth’s Systems
- First Grade – ESS1-1 Earth’s Place in the Universe
- Second Grade – PS1-3 Matter and Its Interactions, ESS1-1 Earth’s Place in the Universe
- Third Grade – LS4-4 Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity, ESS2-2 Earth’s Systems
Grades 4-6 – Intermediate
- Fourth Grade – ESS3-1 and 2 Earth and Human Activity
- Fifth Grade – PS1-1 Matter and Its Interactions, ESS 2-1 Earth’s Systems
Middle and High School - Advanced
- Middle School – PS1-1 Matter and Its Interactions, ESS3- 3, 4 and 5 Earth and Human Activity
- High School – ESS2-2 and 4 Earth’s Systems, LS2-6 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy and Dynamics
See the Next Generation Science Standards.
The program is limited to 72 students on the day of the visit. Group must be able to spend 3.5 hours on-site (time includes tour, activity, and time for lunch on-site).
Pricing for this EDUCATOR LED tour and program:
K-12: $15 per student or chaperone (Discount Season July-December). Adult/chaperone ratio maximum 6:1, minimum 10:1. $300 flat fee for groups of 19 or fewer.
K-12: $17 per student or chaperone (Regular Season January-June). Adult/chaperone ratio maximum 6:1, minimum 10:1. $340 flat fee for groups of 19 or fewer.
Any additional adults or family members above the maximum allowed chaperones must pay the separate applicable admission fee and be assigned to a regularly scheduled public tour. Please note – upon arrival, we ask for ONE payment for the entire group.
(*Rates effective August 15th, 2016)
To schedule a field trip for your class, or for questions about booking, please contact us at 520-838-6192 or via email at BIO2-GROUP@email.arizona.edu
For questions about the lesson content, please contact: email@example.com.