Staying Overnight At Biosphere 2!
Residential K-12 Programming:
Residential programming is defined as staying overnight with instruction on one or more days.
Half Day $35 per person if 20 participants or more, $700 for 19 participants or less, appox. 4.5 hours. Full Day $50 per person if 20 participants or more, $1,000 for 19 participants or less, 6+ hours. Prices are for both students and adults. Details to be refined in collaboration with client, Biosphere 2 group scheduling, and Biosphere 2 education-delivery team.
- Additional, extended-day opportunities may include: natural history walks, astronomy telescope nights, design/build team competitions, reptile encounters, and more. Additional fees apply.
- Overnight accommodations available for up to 150+ individuals, primarily double occupancy. K-16 Education Group Pricing: 1-2 people, $79/room. 3 people, $89/room. 4 people, $99/room. Supply of triple and quad rooms is limited.
- Each student casita (3-5 bedrooms adjoining common living and kitchen area) containing minor students requires at least one responsible, attentive, adult chaperone with appropriate criminal background check clearance.
- Use of conference rooms, dining areas, and meeting spaces subject to Biosphere 2 Conference & Retreat Center rates.
- Chaperone/Teacher to student ratio, for Biosphere 2 programs, is at least 1:10 and no more than 1:6.
Biosphere 2 Supplemental Programmatic Offerings for Overnight Conference & Retreat Center Guests:
Special Evening Experiences & Extended Day Options
Nature Walk At Biosphere 2
$20 for non-UA, $15 for UA and other student groups. Minimum 10 participants or equivalent cost. Approx. 45 minutes. Can accommodate up to 75 participants based on staff availability.
Extended Nature-Discovery Hike:
$25 for non-UA, $20 for UA and other student groups. Minimum 10 participants or equivalent cost. Approx. 60 - 90+ minutes. Can accommodate up to 75 participants based on staff availability.
Enjoy a sense-of-place discovery hike through the landscape surrounding Biosphere 2 to learn natural and cultural history of the Sonoran Desert.
Topics can include:
- Sonoran desert region
- Desert ecology
- Native plant and animal identification
- Connections between Biosphere 2 research and surrounding semi-arid desert environment
Objectives can include:
- Exhibit increased confidence with living in a desert habitat
- Describe unique features and identify native flora and fauna of Sonoran Desert
- Demonstrate and explain “Leave No Trace” philosophy
- Link Biosphere 2 research to Biosphere 1 (Earth)
NOTE: Closed toe shoes, hats and water bottles required for this 0.5 to 1.5 mile supervised hike experience.
Evening Astronomy Star Party With Telescope(s):
$20 for non-UA, $15 for UA and other student groups. Minimum 15 participants or equivalent cost. Weather permitting. Approx. 90 - 120 minutes. Can accommodate up to 75+ participants based on staff availability.
Reptile Natural History And Ecology:
A safe, hands-on, introduction to this important and charismatic group of Sonoran Desert residents. Meet live reptiles and learn about their roles in the ecosystem.
$30 for non-UA, $25 for UA and other student groups. Minimum 15 participants or equivalent cost. Approx. 60+ minutes. Can accommodate up to 75+ participants based on staff availability.
Contact - Group Bookings
520-621-3960 or BIO2-GROUP@email.arizona.edu