Biosphere 2 is a site for many engaging undergraduate and graduate experiences for both UArizona students as well as students from other institutions.
Our current programs for UArizona students include:
- Vertically Integrated Projects (VIP) is a transformative approach to enhancing higher education by engaging undergraduate and graduate students in ambitious, long-term, large-scale, multidisciplinary project teams that are led by faculty. The program has been rigorously evaluated and refined over more than two decades.
- Honors College Internship program offers a hands-on experience for honors students to conduct funded research projects with the Biosphere 2 research teams.
- Faculty Innovative Teaching Fellows (FIT) connect Biosphere 2 opportunities to UArizona students by including Biosphere 2 in their existing courses or in development of new courses or sections.
- Engineering Capstone is a required senior capstone course that creates university-industry partnerships that allow companies to tackle pressing projects through motivated engineering students and provides students with impactful real-world experience.
- Carson Scholars program dedicated to training the next generation of environmental graduate researchers in the art of public communication. Throughout the scholarship year, Carson Scholars work closely with faculty mentors who provide hands-on training and other resources to develop skills and strategies to effectively convey the value of their research and enhance their skills in communicating science to a variety of audiences.
Our current programs for UArizona students and students from other institutions include:
- Undergraduate Internships are available through the research teams at Biosphere 2.
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) summer program is a NSF-funded program providing ten undergraduates an opportunity to conduct guided research in environmental and earth systems science. Students will be selected from across the country to participate in the summer residential program.
- Environmental Science Institute provides undergraduate students an opportunity to conduct guided research in environmental and earth systems science at a leading and unique research institution.